Friday, March 6, 2009

Dear Ellen Hopkins,

I am very jealous of my friend right now because SHE POSTED A BLOG ABOUT YOU AND YOU COMMENTED HER!!! That kills. =[

But anyways, I've read all of your books and the one i recently finished is IDENTICAL. I loved it. I think it reveals a lot of teenage experience and difficulties teens go through with a difficult family. I think it serves as a warning to parents to be closer to their children and keep a close eye on them and be their best friends. I know how easy it is to steer in the wrong direction and go off in harmful paths grasping for help but not finding any, when all we could have asked for is a little bit of parental attention. But what I must say I loved most about the book was all the poetry and the subliminal messages. I think it must've taken a big amount of time and wits to think up and pull together. I'm very throughly impressed at the intensity of the emotions Raeanne and Kaeleigh described as they went through the hellholes and back. Especially near the end, it SHOCKED me, i did NOT see it coming. I thought it was one of the best books I'd ever read, hands down. =] What I question is, How did Mick and Madison end up? What did Kaeleigh's mom say about what her father has done? Did Kaeleigh keep in touch with her grandfather? Did Ian stay with Kaeleigh with a happily ever after?

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear back.

Sincerely, Yili.



P.S., I look forward for any new books you have yet to finish <3

2 comments:

M. Crabtree said...

I know I am not "Ellen Hopkins," but I still appreciated reading about how you connected with the book. I think your honesty in writing about what you found "real" in HOpkins' book is an important, valuable quality when we choose literature. Right now, I am struggling with the fact that I need to relate to what I read, but that only seems to happen when I read Young Adult or Fantasy literature. It is sooo hard for me to find a "regular" fiction book that I enjoy. I will definitely have to check these books out. Nice job Yili.

Yili ;] said...

haha ms. crabtree ur so fab <33

i definitely recommend it =]